Services we pay for
We pay for the treatment, rehabilitation and care needs of a participant when they are related to their motor accident injury.
All services should be pre-approved before they are provided.
Services may include:
- medical treatment, like medicines, hospital stays and doctor's appointments
- rehabilitation, like physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy
- aids and equipment, like wheelchairs
- home and vehicle modifications, like ramps or bathroom rails
- attendant care services, like personal care and domestic services
- help to return to study or work.
The services must be related to the motor accident injury and be considered 'reasonable and necessary'. There are also certain things that are not considered treatment, rehabilitation and care in the Scheme and cannot be paid for. For more information on what we can and cannot pay for, see our information sheet or call us on 1300 738 586.
If there are services that have not been approved, the reasons will be provided on the certificate. If you have any questions about this please talk to the participant's case manager or LTCS Coordinator.
For information on getting paid, see Invoicing.